These seven steps are adapted from a post by Laurel Papworth poking holes in another Nestlé social media fail. She suggests working down from number one… I mostly agree, so I’ve modified a little for the purposes of this post:
- What does the customer want from us, our values?
- Where do we engage, social spaces?
- How do we develop a social identity and profile, our human-in-corporate voice?
- What roles do we undertake (customer service, marketing, visionary)?
- Develop campaigns and viral spiked events (short term)
- Conduct ethnographic anthropology, quantitative analyses
- Work on the ripple effect and identifying promotional tribes
See also: Social media strategy made simple